Saturday, September 18, 2010

Week 2 Lines and Such

It’s that time of the week, again. Kyle and I have our picks ready, and even though we both put up a somewhat respectable showing last week, he’s beating me and that sucks. It’s okay, though, because I went 3-1 last week in my fantasy football leagues (including winning the one that I have money on…yay!). I’m also on pace to reach the finals in one of my two fantasy baseball leagues, where I’ll probably face…you guessed it…Kyle. The text message trash talk could potentially be through the roof over the next couple weeks. By the way, Cyclone, how did it feel losing by one point in our action league last week? Ouch. Karma’s gonna kick me in the butt for that one. So back to real life. It’s impossible to get a good read on a team after only one week, so I’m predicting that our records will be pretty similar to what we ended up with in week 1. But sitting around .500 when betting with the spread isn’t really all that bad, so I can’t be too unhappy. Without further delay….here are the picks.

Arizona @ Atlanta (-6.5)

Dave/Kyle: Atlanta

STAY RETIRED, KURT! DON’T GIVE IN TO THE TEMPTATION! Also, can we just all admit that once again, Atlanta has been hyped up way too much? They couldn’t beat a third string quarterback last week. However, Derek Anderson is the equivalent of a fifth string quarterback, so I like Atlanta this week at home.

Baltimore @ Cincinnati (+1.5)


Dave/Kyle: Baltimore

I guess I like the Ravens here…their D should be enough to cover this spread. Then again, they aren’t facing Mark Sanchez. Tough start to the year for T. Ocho.

Kansas City @ Cleveland (-1.5)


Dave/Kyle: Kansas City

Really? The Browns are favored? If anyone saw my facebook status last week (follow me!), you know I like the Chiefs. If Delhomme is healthy, then I REALLY like this pick.

Chicago @ Dallas (-8.5)

Dave/Kyle: Dallas

Chicago barely beat the Lions. Dallas couldn’t even beat the Redskins. This could be a s***show of a game.

Philadelphia @ Detroit (+3.5)


Dave: Detroit
Kyle: Philly

I’m kind of going out a limb here picking Detroit, but they should be 1-0 right now with what should have been an impressive road victory with what should have been a Calvin Johnson game winning TD catch. We’ll see if Mike Vick is ready in his first start since ’06 now that a team had a week to game plan for him.

Buffalo @ Green Bay (-13.5)


Dave/Kyle: Green Bay

This spread ought to be higher, right? I think Rodgers will snap out of his coma and do some work.

Pittsburgh @ Tennessee (-5.5)

Dave: Tennessee
Kyle: Pittsburgh

This will be a tough it out, pound the football kind of game. Both have solid defenses and a good running game. I’m not feeling Troy Polamalu’s hair this week, though.

Miami @ Minnesota (-5.5)


Dave: Minnesota
Kyle: Miami

I picked the Vikings…I sure as hell won’t be rooting for them. I hope Kyle gets this one right. 11 days rest probably isn’t enough time for Favre to get his bearings back after looking like he was 40 years old or something last week.

Tampa Bay @ Carolina (-2.5)


Dave: Carolina
Kyle: Tampa Bay

Carolina was hanging in there at the Meadowlands, but Matt Moore got knocked out of the game and the Panthers fell to Hakeem Nicks’ three touchdowns (he was on my bench). Both of these teams aren’t really going anywhere, so I’ll play it safe and take the home team.

Seattle @ Denver (-3.5)

Dave/Kyle: Seattle

Seattle looked REALLY good last week against a team that many people predicted to win the NFC West. Denver lost to the lowly Jags, but they are back home this week, which has to be the only possible way they are favored in this game. Just put in Tebow for God’s sake.

St. Louis @ Oakland (-4.5)

Dave: St. Louis
Kyle: Oakland

Man, Vegas is loving the home team this week. I’m not buying it. If I recall correctly, home field advantage is pretty much non-existent according to last season…hopefully it translates to this season so I don’t look stupid for taking the points with a road team again.

New England @ NY Jets (+1.5)

Dave/Kyle: New England

Mark Sanchez is terrible and the Patriots are partying like it’s the early 2000s. Enough said.

Jacksonville @ San Diego (-7.5)

Dave: San Diego
Kyle: Jacksonville

Don’t get me wrong…I still like the Chiefs. But I think last week was a little fluky with the Chiefs hitting on the big plays. I’m predicting that San Diego plays with a vengeance and unleashes hell on Jax.

Houston @ Washington (+2.5)


Dave/Kyle: Houston

You’re telling me that Houston is one of the most dangerous passing teams in the NFL AND they have a guy with the ability to rush for 230 yards? Look out.

NY Giants @ Indianapolis (-5.5)


Dave/Kyle: Indianapolis

Manning Bowl! I’m surprised Indy is favored by that many points, but I’m picking them anyway. Peyton hasn’t gone 0-2 since I was in 3rd grade…and that was a LONGGGG time ago.

New Orleans @ San Francisco (+4.5)

Dave/Kyle: New Orleans

I should probably step back and analyze what I’m doing here. Based on my picks, I’m saying that Seattle will probably end up 2-0 and San Francisco will probably end up 0-2. I have a feeling that that’s probably not going to happen. Oh well.

Once again, the official standings:

Kyle: 9-7
Dave: 8-8

Go Bucky! Go Pack!

2 comments:

  1. Here is Karma for you...I am not playing you in the baseball championship

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup there it is lol. Looks like we are gonna tie in our picks this week, too.

    ReplyDelete