Saturday, September 11, 2010

NFL Picks: Week 1

Okay, so not a good start with the New Orleans pick. Apparently, Saints’ kicker Garrett Hartley didn’t want me to look like I knew what I was doing. Either way, the Saints did pull out the victory in a style of game no one expected. By the way, didn’t Brett Favre looked really, really old? And like he barely practiced at all before this game? (Oh wait, he didn’t) I did expect the Saints to win, but it’s a good thing I didn’t decide to put any money on that spread (if gambling were legal), which is something I’m still not sure about doing. I’ll get to my Badgers’ review against San Jose State within the next couple days (ugly win), but for now, let’s get to mine and Kyle’s picks for the rest of the week 1 slate.

Miami @ Buffalo (+3.5)
Dave: Miami
Kyle: Miami

Unless C.J. Spiller explodes for the Bills, Miami should be able to take care of business in Buffalo.

Detroit @ Chicago (-6.5)

Dave: Chicago
Kyle: Detroit

Our first disagreement! I don’t really know what compelled me to take Chicago in this one, but look for the much improved Lions to give the Ditka’s a run for their money.

Oakland @ Tennessee (-6.5)

Dave: Tennessee
Kyle: Oakland

I like Tennessee a lot this year. Until Oakland shows me something, I’m not going to have much faith in them (Jason Campbell…big whoop). The Raiders do tend to show up at random times though…

Cincinnati @ New England (-5.5)

Dave: Cincinnati
Kyle: New England

Alright, it appears that we are disagreeing more than agreeing here…

Carolina @ NY Giants (-7.5)

Dave: Carolina
Kyle: Carolina

I like Matt Moore. I like Carolina’s running game. I don’t like the Giants.

Atlanta @ Pittsburgh (+2.5)

Dave: Pittsburgh
Kyle: Pittsburgh

Dennis Dixon isn’t too bad…okay, I’m pretty much putting all my faith in Troy Polamalu’s hair.

Cleveland @ Tampa Bay (-2.5)

Dave: Tampa Bay
Kyle: Tampa Bay

There’s a reason this game is blacked out.

Denver @ Jacksonville (-2.5)

Dave: Denver
Kyle: Jacksonville

I’m hoping that T-squared gets some PT in this one. Honestly, I won’t be surprised with the result.

Indianapolis @ Houston (+3.5)

Dave: Houston
Kyle: Indianapolis

Yeah. I’m going against every rule in the book on this one. Why? I don’t know. Someone needs to tell me that the Colts are 15-1 against Houston. All time.

San Francisco @ Seattle (+2.5)

Dave: San Francisco
Kyle: San Francisco

Do the Seahawks have anything going for them?

Green Bay @ Philadelphia (+1.5)

Dave: Green Bay
Kyle: Green Bay

I apologize in advance for jinxing this one.

Arizona @ St. Louis (+3.5)

Dave: Arizona
Kyle: Arizona

Quick suggestion to all you gamblers out there: STAY AWAY FROM THIS GAME!!!!

Dallas @ Washington (+3.5)

Dave: Dallas
Kyle: Dallas

Again, Washington is tough to get a read on with all the changes, especially the addition of McNabb. I’m just banking on Tony Romo showing up, which is a scary assumption.

Baltimore @ NY Jets (-3.5)

Dave: Baltimore
Kyle: Baltimore

Can someone please shut up the Jets? Even you, Ray Lewis. I don’t care at this point.

San Diego @ Kansas City (+5.5)

Dave: San Diego
Kyle: San Diego

Look out on this one. Romeo Crennel and Charlie Weis are reunited in KC. The Chiefs may be good in a few years, but I think it’s too early to pick them in a game like this.

This week may determine if I bet. Keep it on the DL, though.

Overall records:
Dave: 0-1
Kyle: 0-1

No comments:

Post a Comment