Saturday, September 25, 2010

Pigskin pick 'em: Week 3

Before I get to the picks, let me show you the box score from last night’s Brewer game and say this: can we just keep all of the pitchers that pitched Friday on the roster next year and replace Hoffman’s name with Axford? THIS IS THE FUTURE! Like I said in my last post, I need to revise my predictions for how the roster will shake out for the 2011 season (mainly the pitching). Last night’s game was a rare treat. Here’s something for people interested in some NBA news. ESPN put out their pre-season power rankings and have the Bucks listed at the number ten spot. FEEEEEEAAR THE DEEEEEER!!!! That Milwaukee Bucks preview will be coming up soon. Also, this post is going up after the Badger slaughter of Austin Pee (yes, I’m immature), but I’ll comment on that game later. Alright, let’s get to the picks!

Standings after 2 weeks:
Kyle: 17-15
Dave: 16-16

(To save some unnecessary typing, I’m going to show who picks who differently from now on. Whoever Kyle picks will be in ALL CAPS and whoever I pick will be in ALL CAPS BOLD. Obviously if only one team is in caps, it means we picked the same team. Yes, I’m kind of copying Bill Simmons.)

SAN FRANCISCO @ Kansas City (+2.5)

Alright, Niners, enough screwing around. You’re better than this. We know it. You know it. Just win this game so the winner of the NFC West doesn’t go 4-12. I like the Chiefs though…oh well.

CLEVELAND @ BALTIMORE (-10.5)

The Browns have lost their first two games by a combined five points. I don’t even know if the Ravens have the ability to score more than 10 points in a game, so I’m just going to take the points here.

Dallas @ HOUSTON (-2.5)

We are all rooting for an 0-16 season for the Cowboys, and realistically speaking, it looks inevitable.

DETROIT @ MINNESOTA (-10.5)

We are all rooting for an 0-16 season for the Vikqueens, and realistically speaking…I’m going to try and keep it going by jinxing Minnesota and picking them to cover the spread. It’s hard not to go with the Vikes considering how well Favre has been playing and all the weapons he has around him. Just keep this in mind: I’m really picking Detroit, but not really. I hope you’re all confused.

Buffalo @ NEW ENGLAND (-13.5)

We all saw the Pack/Bills game last Sunday. Unless Ryan Fitzpatrick somehow uses his Harvard degree against the Patriots (who didn’t look all that good last week, either)…no, it’s just not gonna happen.

ATLANTA @ NEW ORLEANS (-4.5)

The Saints looked extremely cautious last week at San Fran and were lucky to escape with a win. Meanwhile, Atlanta looked really good at home against the Kurt Warner-less Arizona Cardinals, but they have to travel to New Orleans and I don’t see them hanging with the Saints. Hopefully Who Dat Nation can snap the Saints out of their lull.

TENNESSEE @ NY GIANTS (-3.5)

Wow. Did you see what the Steelers’ defense did to Vince Young and Chris Johnson last week? Lucky for the Titans, they got that matchup out of the way early. Still, I think the Giants can take care of Tennessee at home. I’ve got nothing against the Manning brothers, but this is a funny site.

PITTSBURGH @ Tampa Bay (+2.5)

Until Troy’s hair goes down with an injury, I’m picking this team every week.

CINCINNATI @ Carolina (+3.5)

Jimmy Clausen is getting the call for the Panthers and it’s only week 3…that didn’t take long. Cincy bounced back nicely last week against the Ravens after their poor showing in week 1 and I would expect them to keep it going in Carolina.

PHILADELPHIA @ JACKSONVILLE (+2.5)

Jacksonville got lit up last Sunday and Philadelphia is going to continue riding the coat tails of the Top Dog himself (hey, it wasn’t me, it was the newspaper headline in Philadelphia). Granted they only won by three against the Lions, but Detroit is much improved. I’ll take the Philly Vicks.

WASHINGTON @ St. Louis (+3.5)

Washington did a solid job of gift wrapping a win for the Texans last week. They’re hungry for a win and unfortunately for the Rams, they are the victim…and they suck.

INDIANAPOLIS @ DENVER (+6.5)

I can understand Indy being the favorite in this game, but by that much? On the road? I don’t think so. Denver looked pretty solid last week against Seattle, and though they may lose this game, I’m taking the points.

OAKLAND @ Arizona (-4.5)

Someone wake me up when this one ends.

SAN DIEGO @ Seattle (+5.5)

Again, the road team is favored by quite a few points following a solid performance at home. I’m going against everything I said under the Indy/Denver pick and going with the Chaagaas.

NY Jets @ MIAMI (-1.5)

Tough, tough, tough pick here. When in doubt, take the home team I suppose. Miami took care of business in back to back road games, which is impressive no matter how you cut it. Now they go home to Landshark (?) stadium where they face the Darrelle Revis-less Jets, and that’s enough for me to take the Dolphins.

GREEN BAY @ Chicago (+3.5)

So jacked for this game…two of my roommates up at school this year are Bears fans, so it’s going to make this game that much more intense. I’m going to keep the trend going (as is Kyle) and take the good ole’ Green and Gold again. Monday Night Football!!!!! Green Bay and Chicago!!!!! The Bears still suck!!!!! (alright, that’s getting kind of old, sorry. The Bears actually don’t suck but whatever.)

Go Pack. Congrats Badgers. D-Rad/Doctor/[insert nickname here] out.

No comments:

Post a Comment