Saturday, November 6, 2010

Blog tiiime!

As promised, I'm back again this week for some more jibberish. I'm writing this post on a Saturday morning while watching the Badger game with a headache, so give me a little credit for multi-tasking. In fact, I think I'm going to do a little live blogging while I'm at it since other than my NFL picks, there isn't really anything to talk about other than the underachieving Milwaukee Bucks (who had a nice come from behind win last night in Indiana). We'll start with this:

1st quarter, 5:55 to go: Phillip Welch misses a very makable 40 yard field goal and the game remains scoreless. Scott Tolzein has already tossed an INT and the Badgers are looking a tad rusty out of the gate.

This could be kind of difficult, so bear with me. By the way, it's a little upsetting that the Badgers haven't even put a dent into Purdue with the first quarter winding down...I told you that bye week wasn't going to do us any good. Anyway, here are the picks (I'll break in with any pressing issues in the Wisco game).

Week 9: (DAVE) (KYLE)

TAMPA BAY @ ATLANTA (-8.5)
Chicago @ BUFFALO (+2.5) [That's right...Buffalo is going to get their first win tommorrow at the expense of DA BEARS]
NEW ENGLAND @ CLEVELAND (+4.5) [Here's what's gonna happen: Cleveland is going to make enough mistakes in this game to allow the Pats to win, but they'll only win by 4 so that I get this pick right. Just watch.]

1st quarter, :25 to go: Purdue basically marched the ball down the field with little or no resistance and scored on a screen pass from 23 yards out. Not only have the Badgers not put a dent into Purdue, but the Boilers have actually somehow gotten a lead. Wonderful.

NY Jets @ DETROIT (+4.5)
ARIZONA @ MINNESOTA (-8.5)
NEW ORLEANS @ CAROLINA (+7.5)

At the end of the first quarter, I will acknowledge that the Badgers are moving the ball pretty well, but a turnover and a missed field goal have negated that fact. Sooooo we need to score some points pronto because I don't really like losing to a team that has been defeated by a combined 83 points over the past two weeks.

MIAMI @ BALTIMORE (-5.5)
San Diego @ HOUSTON (+1.5)
NY Giants @ SEATTLE (+5.5)

2nd quarter, 13:27 to go: PUUUUUUNT

Kansas City @ OAKLAND (-2.5)

2nd quarter, 10:07 to go: Purdue was driving yet again before a fumble at the Wisconsin 25 yard line...WISCONSIN RECOVERS!!! Antonio Fenelus returns it all the way to the Purdue 27 yard line...as the announcer just mentioned, this could be a game changing play. Ya think?

INDIANAPOLIS @ Philadelphia (-2.5)

2nd quarter, 8:08 to go: Never mind, it wasn't really that game changing...45 yard field goal by Welch. Fortunately, it could have been 14-0 Purdue because the refs missed a John Clay fumble and the Purdue player that returned it was definitely heading for pay dirt. I might have to stop doing this live blog thing at halftime because I am a very frustrated individual right now. (Purdue 7, Wisconsin 3)

Dallas @ GREEN BAY (-7.5) [Sorry. I'm finally picking the Packers after three weeks of not doing so. If they lose, I'll take 100% of the blame.]

PITTSBURGH @ Cincinnati (+4.5)

2nd quarter, 1:05 to go: Purdue marches down the field and kicks a 37 yard field goal. Yeah...I'm definitely not doing this in the second half because obviously it's bad luck to type this blog up during a sporting event that I'm invested in.

I wish I had more to talk about right now but I don't. The first half is almost over in the Badger game and they look like they're about to score...

End of 1st half: The Badgers had a nice little one minute drive and put some points on the board with a 38-yard field goal to pull within four. Since I made a promise to myself that if the Badgers were losing at halftime to the Purdue Boilermakers I would quit blogging forever, I'm going to have to stop immedia-

No comments:

Post a Comment