Sunday, November 14, 2010

A little bit of everything

Hey, folks. Sorry for being away this past week. I had a rough stretch of school work to deal with and decided that it would be better to not flunk out of college and destroy my future rather than write a blog three people read that earns me zero profit. But who knows...maybe someday it will. Anyway, there's a lot to get to in this post. The Badgers basketball team put up 83 points yesterday in the Indiana Hoosiers (wait a minute...you're telling me that was our football team? Good one). I followed up my 11 win week in the NFL picks with a solid 5-8 showing to put me back where I started at the beginning of the year. The Bucks are turning things around after winning their third straight game last night. College basketball is just getting underway, but I won't really get into that until conference play rolls around seeing as Marquette and Wisconsin don't play too many significant games until then. And finally, the Packers have a bye this week which gives me the pleasure of watching the Bears/Vikings game...I can't believe I'm saying this, but go Bears! Let me explain. The way I see it, the Vikings are the better team. Since Green Bay has to travel to Minnesota next week, I would prefer that they weren't only two games behind us because I fear that it would be difficult to go in the humpty dump and pull out a win. I know what you're going to say...then the Bears will be tied with us if they win today. I still stand by what I say: The Bears are the more vulnerable team and I would also like to see Chicago and Green Bay tied in the standings for their Week 17 showdown that I'm attending to create the most intense atmosphere possible. Call me crazy, but a guy can dream, can't he?

On to the Week 10 picks!
(DAVE) (KYLE)

BALTIMORE @ ATLANTA (-1.5) What was my thinking in picking against Matty Ice when he's playing in the Georgia Dome? Stupid, stupid, stupid...
Detroit @ BUFFALO (-2.5)
MINNESOTA @ Chicago (+1.5) This spread doesn't make any sense to me. The Bears are 2 games ahead of the Vikings AND playing at home. Still for some unknown reason took Minny though.
NY JETS @ CLEVELAND (+3.5)
Cincinnati @ INDIANAPOLIS (-7.5)
TENNESSEE @ Miami (+0.5)
Carolina @ TAMPA BAY (-7.5)
HOUSTON @ Jacksonville (-1.5)
KANSAS CITY @ Denver (+0.5)
DALLAS @ NY GIANTS (-13.5) This spread also doesn't make any sense to me. It should be like 30...I'll pay the price later today for jinxing that pick.
Seattle @ ARIZONA (-3.5)
St. Louis @ SAN FRANCISCO (-5.5)
New England @ PITTSBURGH (-4.5)
PHILADELPHIA @ Washington (+3.5)

I just wanted to throw Kyle a quick shout out for completely dismantling my fantasy football team this week. My record is 7-2 and he is 5-4, but as of 2 PM, Kyle has a 105-16 lead on me. My team is falling apart at the worst possible time and now I have to worry about just trying to make the playoffs. I want that 80 bucks dammit!

Last week/Overall (Not including the Baltimore/Atlanta game from Thursday):
Kyle: 8-5/71-59 (6-1-2)
Dave: 5-8/65-65 (1-6-2)

I'll tell you what, the Radcliffe family chose a couple of record breaking games to attend this year when it came to Wisconsin Badger football. Granted, mine was way more awesome because we beat the number one team in the nation and got to storm the field, but my brother Steve watched the Badgers put up the most points any team has scored in a Big Ten Conference game since 1950. I was almost getting to the point of feeling sorry for the Hoosiers until I remembered that winning a conference game by a thousand points probably looks better on paper than throwing in the towel and making the score look closer than it really is. Perhaps Bret Bielema is aware of this because once the Badgers were up 67-20 and still threw up a deep ball for Jared Abbrederis, I kind of cringed and thought about the Minnesota game (2 point conversion...yeah). It was still pretty cool to see Bucky put up 83 on poor old Indiana, especially once the 'Hoosier daddy' chant started up. I'll have more on this game in the weekly Badgers Roundtable on jsonline, so check it out!

Just wanted to give a short statement on the Packers' release of cornerback Al Harris. I think I'm with about 99% of Packer fans when saying that watching Harris go is very saddening. He had a great tenure in Green Bay (2003-2010) but I can understand where Green Bay management is coming from here. Harris isn't getting any younger (35) and his health is obviously an issue based on the decision to cut the former pro bowler. I'll leave you with this link which in my opinion is the play most people associate Al Harris with (will that clip ever get old? The answer is HELL NO). One more sad note...former Packer Aaron Kampman tore his ACL again as a member of the Jacksonville Jaguars, which could really be career threatening...tough news to hear about one of my favorite guys to watch in the league.

(Quick update: it's now 121-30 with Kyle continuing to obliterate my fantasy team)

Last but not least, the Milwaukee Bucks deserve a shout-out for the little run they are going on right now. After starting 2-5, the deer have bounced back to win three in a row and it's really beginning to show how balanced this squad is. Any given night, a different player will step up for this Bucks team and it's good to know that there isn't only one guy to rely on. Wins against the Knicks and Warriors are to be expected (wasn't it strange that the final score of the Golden State game was so low? I was really expecting another 55 point output from Jennings but I guess you can't always get what you want), but I found the win at Atlanta to be pretty impressive. The seven game playoff series against the Hawks last season was very closely contested and then Milwaukee marches into Atlanta and annihilates them. I understand that we are a long ways away from the playoffs so I'll stop getting so hyped up, but check out the Tuesday game upcoming against the Lakers...it should be a doozy and the Bucks are seeking revenge because of this garbage reffing from last season's match up (watching those highlights and seeing all the BS calls against the Bucks and the no-calls that went the Lakers way infuriates me beyond belief).

Looks like the Bears are gonna pull out a win here (Yay!). Be sure to check out the last play of the Jaguars/Texans game when you get a chance as well...insane.

Go Pack, On Wisconsin and Fear the Deer!

No comments:

Post a Comment