Saturday, October 2, 2010

Because I'm dedicated

Yes, I just had the last birthday of any meaning yesterday, but because I love you people so much, I'm returning to the blog just hours after cheating death. The truth is that it was a stellar 21st and although I'm sad it's over, it's kind of a relief. But enough about me. These NFL games aren't going to pick themselves (well technically...they'll decide themselves tomorrow at least). I think we need to take some time to acknowledge the Milwaukee Brewers first. It only took six months, but the Crew finally figured it out and has won eight of their last ten games and four in a row going into Saturday. It's almost like they were taunting us all year...alright, let's move on to what we've all been waiting for. After Kyle and I both got roughed up last week (6-10), we're looking for revenge on the NFL teams that did us wrong. Even though when I look at my pathetic 22 wins and 26 losses when it comes to picking games, I can always fall back on my cumulative 10-2 fantasy football record in my four different leagues. Sigh...one of these weeks i'll break .500. Week 4:

(DAVE) (KYLE)

San Fransisco @ ATLANTA (-6.5)

I'm done putting my faith in the Niners. Atlanta took one from the defending Super Bowl champs in Nawlens, and that's enough for me to take them this week.

NY JETS @ Buffalo (+5.5)

My theory of not picking the away team if they are favored by a lot is walking out the door as I speak. If the Jets can go into Miami and win by 8 over a solid Dolphins team, shouldn't they be able to win by like 20 against the Bills?

Cincinnati @ CLEVELAND (+3.5)

Those pesky Browns keep figuring out a way to stay in ball games, but they can't quite get over the hump. Maybe if they had a competent QB, Cleveland wouldn't be 3-0. I figure I might as well keep taking the points with the Brownies.

Detroit @ GREEN BAY (-14.5)

Once again, I'm taking Green Bay...big surprise there. If the Packers play as angry as I feel about that game last week, they should win by 100. You think I'm kidding.

Denver @ TENNESSEE (-6.5)

There's no rhyme or reason that Tennessee shouldn't cover here. I take that back. Inconsistency.

Seattle @ ST LOUIS (+0.5)

This game will probably end up being entertaining somehow, but not because there are good teams involved. Seattle may go 8-8 and take the NFC West this season by going 8-0 at home and 0-8 on the road. Make it 9-7 if they take this one, which they very well may...I have no clue who takes this one.

CAROLINA @ NEW ORLEANS (-13.5)

I know. Carolina is terrible. The reason I'm taking them is because the Saints haven't really shown me much yet this season. Their biggest margin of victory is five and they dropped to Atlanta last week. Of course, knowing my luck the Saints will break out this week.

BALTIMORE @ PITTSBURGH (-1.5)

I just can't bet against the Steelers until something that happens proves otherwise. Their defense is SOOOOOOOOOOO good.

INDIANAPOLIS @ Jacksonville (+8.5)

Kind of a lot of points for Indy to cover...no, David, take Peyton Manning again. He never let's you down. Okay.

HOUSTON @ OAKLAND (+3.5)

I really don't like picking Oakland...every time I pick them, I lose. But I have my reasons this time. Houston barely beat Washington, a team that got whooped up and down the field in St. Louis last week, and then got beat by Dallas on its home turf. Oakland hangs tough, kind of like Cleveland, so I'll take them...stupid.

Arizona @ SAN DIEGO (-8.5)

The San Diego Chargers: where "slow starts" happen.

WASHINGTON @ PHILADELPHIA (-6.5)

This game should be televised in my area after the Packer game. I don't see why it wouldn't be. Gonna be pretty crazy in Philly. By the way...this is pretty similar to the Brett Favre returning to Green Bay scenario. It was Favre's decision to go to the Packers most bitter rival and McNabb also could have signed on somewhere else but chose a division opponent. Come on people. Pardon my French but his ass is getting booed. Hopefully Vick's magic continues into this game.

CHICAGO @ NY GIANTS (-3.5)

Let me explain. New York had some fluky things happen last week against the Titans and I'm thinking they don't happen two weeks in a row. Chicago was gift wrapped a victory. I'm thinking that doesn't happen two weeks in a row.

New England @ MIAMI (+0.5)

The Patriots looked really bad again last week. Luckily, they were playing the Bills so they got a free pass. Miami isn't giving out any free passes. They are a good football team and they took a really good Jets team down to wire in week 3 (granted they should win that game if they want to be considered really good). If Miami loses this one, consider them eliminated from the playoffs (my first bold statement of the year!)

After 3 weeks, the official standings:

Kyle: 23-25
Dave: 22-26

No comments:

Post a Comment